Software & Automation Manager
solliciteer op deze vacature
business unit: industriële automatisering
Come! Join our ambitious team and help develop our digital processes.
Our client is a machine builder who offers complete solutions for the machine building sector. This is an international company who is a strong player in its field.
We are looking for someone who has proven management experience in software system & PLC programming, factory automation, and project management.
In this role, the Automation & software manager will perform senior engineering work and coordinate a variety of engineering duties.
He/She will independently plan, create software solutions to production problems.
This role requires the ability to build and maintain strong relationships across departments and communicate well at various levels across the organization & external partners.
As you are collaborating with multiple stakeholders, cross-functional team members & subcontractors, ensuring client demands are met.
The following activities are part of this job:
- You analyze requirements for customer processes and needs.
- You design automated solutions to enhance safety and efficiency of manufacturing equipment.
- You define the requirements of computer systems and software to automate machinery and equipment.
- You prepare cost estimates of automated manufacturing equipment and other equipment and machinery as assigned.
- You oversee the development and installation of machinery and equipment in a manner that includes a thorough documentation of the design and selection of systems and controls and the documentation of installation.
- You program and solve problem related to PLC and other similar automation interface, software systems, programs.
- You have obtained a Master degree in Electromechanics, preferably in mechatronics or similar. An obtained PhD is a plus.
- You already have a proven track record in this field. This means that you already have years of work experience.
- You have a passion for software development with perfect knowledge of: C# ; NET; C/C++; Databases (example MS SQL ); Web technology (example HTML5, AngularJS/React, ASP.NET, … )
- Because of your large ICT interest you do know a lot of: TCP / IP; configuration of routers and switches; Windows / Windows IOT
- You have affection with machine building, process industry and basic knowledge of Industrial Network Protocol (example Profibus, Profinet, CAN, …)
- You are strong in analytical thinking.
- You have a positive attitude.
- You us your organizational talent to plan & coordinate your tasks autonomously
- ACE offers a fascinating and varied full-time position with interesting projects and many learning opportunities.
- A strong organization with short communication lines and flat organizational structure.
- A healthy work-life balance.
- A competitive salary package supplemented with various fringe benefits.