B-Rider of the month - Frank Steeghs (ACE Eindhoven)
Oct. 6, 2015
Frank lives in Eindhoven and works at ACE (Eindhoven). He has a nice company car which is comfortable when it rains. Still, he'd rather jump on the bike to go to work and appointments with customers in the region.
B-Riders cycling to work
B-Riders are people who live in the county of Noord-Branbant (NL) who leave the car and take their bike to work. Since 2013 over 2300 B-Riders are cycling increasingly more to work. Together they have cycled more than 6.5 million kilometers . [Website B-Riders] (http://www.b-riders.nl/)
Cycling makes you smarter
Regular cycling has many physical and mental health benefits. It is one of the best ways to reduce your risk of health problems such as stroke, heart attack, some cancers, depression, diabetes, obesity and arthritis.
Riding to work or the shops is one of the most time-efficient ways to combine regular exercise with your everyday routine. An estimated one billion people ride bicycles every day – for transport, recreation and sport.
It only takes two to four hours a week to achieve a general improvement to your health. Cycling is: - Low impact – it causes less strain and injuries than most other forms of exercise.
- A good muscle workout – cycling uses all of the major muscle groups as you pedal.
- Easy – unlike some other sports, cycling does not require high levels of physical skill. Most people know how to ride a bike and, once you learn, you don’t forget.
- Good for strength and stamina – cycling increases stamina, strength and aerobic fitness.
- As intense as you want – cycling can be done at very low intensity to begin with, if recovering from injury or illness, but can be built up to a demanding physical workout.
- A fun way to get fit – the adventure and buzz you get from coasting down hills and being outdoors means you are more likely to continue to cycle regularly, compared to other physical activities that keep you indoors or require special times or places.
- Time-efficient – as a mode of transport, cycling replaces sedentary (sitting) time spent driving motor vehicles or using trams, trains or buses with healthy exercise.
You can read more about the benefits of cycling on the official website of B-Riders.
Looking for a new challenge?
Have a look at our carreer page, see our applications and the reasons why people choose ACE
ACE for businesses
Do you want to know what ACE can do for your business?
Ask your questions here.
ACE Ingenieurs- & Adviesbureau: the multidisciplinary engineering partner for development and innovation of products and production processes for more than forty years.