Mechanical Engineer, Shipbuilding - Mid…
apply to this opening
business unit: constructietechniek
Are you an experienced engineer in the shipbuilding industry? Then we are looking for you!
As an experienced engineer you will work on the design, specification and realization of shipbuilding structures. In doing so, you ensure that your designs comply with the rules & requirements applicable to shipbuilding. Designs are made using 3D CAD, supplemented with calculation software if necessary. You work this out in correct technical drawings and carry out the necessary control calculations. You know how to document all this accurately and in a structured manner.
You can work well in a team and you are able to play an independent role in this. You are involved in the various consultation structures, maintain contact with other departments and, if necessary, with external parties / suppliers. This with the aim of the optimal elaboration of your designs in the ships to be manufactured.
- Bachelor or Master shipbuilding
- You have at least 2 experience years in the shipbuilding industry
- You can work well with 2D and 3D CAD systems
- You have experience in designing (parts of) ships, e.g. in the form of hull modeling and the design of ship sections
- You also have a feel for the interaction with the mechanical aspects of shipbuilding, such as powertrains, HVAS installations and piping within technical areas
- You are analytical & pragmatic
- You are communicative
- You are enterprising and have a hands-on mentality
- You are able to transform an idea into a concrete product in a creative way
what do we offer:
At ACE you get the chance to build an exciting career. As an engineering agency, we offer a wide variety of projects. ACE offers a professional working environment where quality is of paramount importance. Within an informal working environment, expert colleagues work on a fun diversity of projects. Personal development of our employees is of paramount importance to us and we are happy to shape your ambitions. You will of course be rewarded with a suitable salary and good secondary employment conditions. Interested? Click on "apply for this position" at the top of this page or contact us for more information via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 643235218.
After assessment of the CV and suitability, an interview will take place at ACE for further acquaintance.
In a second meeting, further discussions will be given about the starting options and the associated employment conditions.
If it concerns a position for a specific project, it is possible that an interim meeting with the potential client is required.