Marine Engineer, Shipping - Zuid-Hollan…
apply to this opening
business unit: constructietechniek
Are you an experienced engineer with a love for ships? Then this vacancy might be something for you.
You will work on analyzing and assessing specifications, setting up engineering package (s), modeling and optimizing systems.
In addition, you provide feedback and support the stakeholders on technical aspects and questions within the Marine Engineering specialty. All this in line with the necessary project requirements, customer needs, technical and operational guidelines and regulations to ensure efficient production. You guarantee the reliability, quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency.
- Analyze and assess specifications and/or technical requirements related to products, systems and processes (materials, quality, environment, health, safety, design optimization, product specifications), perform initial opportunity and risk analyses and propose and/or implement mitigations for any identified risks.
- Set up and model the basic engineering package for standard and/or new products based on relevant information, specifications and in line with applicable (HSSEQ) rules, regulations and engineering standards.
- Set up and model the detailed engineering package based on basic engineering package in line with specifications, (shipyard) requirements, applicable (HSSEQ) rules, regulations and engineering standards.
- Update the basic and/or detailed engineering package and where needed inform, discuss and advise with technical lead, technical specialist and/or relevant stakeholders.
- Support internal and external stakeholders on technical aspects and questions 6. Execute (parts of) projects and/or project design reviews.
- Document (maintenance) activities performed on processes, design status, installations and equipment and/or provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses on design and technical progress of documentation.
- Identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, designs, installations and equipment, make suggestions for improvement and, if applicable, ensure and monitor implementation after approval.
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level related to the engineer discipline or proven work skills based upon experience.
- More than 5 years of experience and a vast knowledge of mechanical systems on board complex (Naval) vessels.
- Quality, planning and budget awareness.
- Able to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- A vast experience (more than 5 years) with statutory bodies.
- Proficiency in Dutch & English language written as well as verbal.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad.
what do we offer:
At ACE we offer a chance for an exciting career development. Together with our experienced colleagues you will work in an informal but professional environment. We work on all different kind of projects where we like to focus on the quality of our work. We support personal development of our employees to keep them exited in their work and career development. You will be rewarded with a fitting salary and good conditions of employment. Are you interested? Than we'd like to invite you to apply by clicking on the button at the top of this application or send your résumé and motivation to email@example.com. If you have any questions about this function please feel free to contact us.
After assessing the resumé and suitability, an interview will take place at ACE in Eindhoven for further information. In a second interview at ACE, we will discuss the starting options and the corresponding employment conditions. If it concerns a function for a specific project, then it is possible that an interview with the potential client may be required.