Accomodation Engineer, Shipping - Rotte…
apply to this opening
business unit: productontwikkeling
Do you have experience with interior and shipbuilding as an engineer? Then this vacancy might be something for you!
- You will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Interior, such as accommodation, insulation, floor covering, various ship-specific living and working spaces, etc.
- You will be involved from the first proposal until final delivery.
- You will work in a team of several engineers and implements technical and practical knowledge into the design and takes care all relevant data is stored accurately in the PDM-system.
- You will contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as (technical) specification documents, functional descriptions and test/validation plans, and by reviewing supplier documentation.
- Setting up of (functional) technical specifications for suppliers and subcontractors based upon customer and design requirements.
- Performs technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers and subcontractors in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Ensures full compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by customer and regulatory bodies.
- Engages in technical discussions to achieve comparable levels of compliancy for competing suppliers of the same product/system; (providing a good starting point for the commercial negotiation).
- Can defend technical solutions and communicate these with stakeholders.
- Acquisition and review of supplier engineering information / documentation; (i.e. arrangement and detailed drawings, calculations, diagrams, etc.).
- Responsible for integration of delivered components/systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, regulatory bodies and owner.
- Performs required technical calculations to validate the design.
- Composes technical / functional specification documents.
- Verifies technical performance of products and systems; (i.e. inspection of equipment at supplier premises, FAT’s).
- Offers technical support for commissioning activities.
- Participates in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality.
- Bachelor level education related to the Interior design discipline or proven work skills based upon experience.
- Knowledge of interior systems, preferably in ships or offshore installations.
- Quality, planning and budget awareness.
- Able to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Preferably two years’ experience in engineering of interior systems.
- Preferably experience with Regulatory bodies.
- Proficiency in Dutch & English language written as well as verbal.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad.
what do we offer:
At ACE we offer a chance for an exciting career development. Together with our experienced colleagues you will work in an informal but professional environment. We work on all different kind of projects where we like to focus on the quality of our work. We support personal development of our employees to keep them exited in their work and career development. You will be rewarded with a fitting salary and good conditions of employment. Are you interested? Than we'd like to invite you to apply by clicking on the button at the top of this application or send your résumé and motivation to email@example.com. If you have any questions about this function please feel free to contact us.
After assessing the resumé and suitability, an interview will take place at ACE in Eindhoven for further information. In a second interview at ACE, we will discuss the starting options and the corresponding employment conditions. If it concerns a function for a specific project, then it is possible that an interview with the potential client may be required.